I began homeschooling my oldest daughter her preschool twelvemonth, in 2007. Information technology'due south hard to believe I will begin teaching preschool for the 5th time this year with four-yr-old Emily! I've never bought a preschool curriculum for my lilliputian ones, but as I add more than and more children to my pedagogy line up, finding the time to put together a really swell preschool twelvemonth becomes more difficult. So the opportunity to review theHorizons Preschool Curriculum Setfrom Alpha Omega Publications was very welcome this summer! This set includes: ii Teachers Manuals, two Student Workbooks, a resource parcel, and an audio cd.

Alpha Omega Review

I e'er beloved how eager my 4-twelvemonth-olds are to bring together their big siblings at the schoolhouse tabular array. Then excited to finally begin 'real' school.Horizons Preschool Review

Beginning allow me tell you nearly the teacher's manual, or manuals rather. In that location are 2 books, one for each one-half of the year. Looking through the manuals, the offset thing I noticed about this preschool curriculum is that in that location is so much there! Even if I taught preschool all day we notwithstanding wouldn't get all the suggested activities washed! But, the manual stresses that you are non expected to complete all the activities suggested- yous are meant to pick and choose. I love that Alpha Omega Publications realizes that some children savour more academics while others need much more than time spent on fine motor skills, and other activities. With this curriculum you are free to choose the activities best suited for your child!Horizons Preschool Review

It is meant to be used in a classroom or homeschool setting. The curriculum has 5 days of lessons per week- just agreement that many preschoolers (both at home an in the school setting) don't do schoolhouse 5 days a week, the curriculum introduces new cloth on Days i, iii, and 5. While days 2 and 4 are spent on review and expanding the new concepts. This is something I actually appreciate! I detest feeling the need to cram everything in from a 5 twenty-four hour period a week curriculum, when, as a family we choose a four day a week schedule (while my preschoolers oft complete only iii days a week.)Horizons Preschool Review

The year (180 lessons full) focuses on the seven days of creation- from Bible, to science, to linguistic communication arts, to math, and everything else, the lessons revolve around the cosmos theme so your solar day feels connected. One subject area and activeness flowing seamlessly into the side by side.

Linguistic communication arts begins with identifying letters (as well as shapes and colors) and moves all the way to simple blending by the end of the year. While, math begins with identifying numerals and counting to unproblematic addition and subtraction.Horizons Preschool Review

Next, the resource packet. This thing is massive! My laminator is going to become quite the conditioning this year! It includes then many awesome instruction aids such every bit, memory verse cards, clock cards, and flashcards (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and more). My girl really loves sifting through the cards and identifying everything she is learning near.Horizons Preschool Review

And, of course the part my daughter is nearly excited nearly- the Pupil workbooks. When opening my box, I couldn't believe how big those workbooks are! There are a lot of worksheet pages- and there are two of them! Horizons Preschool ReviewThen I was fifty-fifty more surprised when I realized the meat of this curriculum isn't in the worksheets at all, but in the teacher'due south manuals through Bible Stories, social studies, science, games and more. The workbooks are full color, and contain a good mix of activites, from fine motor practice, to language arts, color/shape recognition and math.Horizons Preschool Review

Overall, I find this preschool curriculum to be pretty amazing. It definitely takes some teacher prep, mostly simply in the reading of each lesson and determining what to practise with your child. That's definitely the hardest function-narrowing downwards what to do each 24-hour interval with so many great activities to cull from! I'1000 actually looking forward to the remainder of Emily's preschool year using this curriculum!Horizons Preschool Review

Desire to read more reviews almostHorizons Preschool Curriculum Readyand many other neat homeschooling products from Alpha Omega Publications? Click below:

Alpha Omega Review
Connect with Alpha Omega Publications via Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest and Instagram

TOS Disclaimer